With a recession looming over our heads and a whole lot of stress surrounding rising interest rates, it is easy to get caught up in the negative.
However, here at Pago we are trying to view it as an opportunity to band together and support our local small businesses. Now more than ever, it’s important that we invest back into our local communities, whether this be through buying a morning coffee or some local produce, or maybe planning your next local escape.
Here are some simple ways that you can support your local businesses:
- Buy gifts from small businesses
- Leave reviews or show them some love on social media
- Drop by your local farmers market
- Visit your local stores in person instead of online
- Pick up your take away meal instead of getting it delivered (gives the restaurant an extra 30%)
- Plan a getaway within your home state in a new area you haven’t ventured to